Title: Retail Sales Associate
Hours: 6-15 hours per week
Remuneration: $18/hour; staff discount in store
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 16th
We are a small local shop in Victoria, BC carrying home and personal care products customers can trust are good for them, their home and the Earth. Made with all-natural ingredients, the products we carry are a clean and simple way to live a low-waste lifestyle.
We envision a space that breaks down the barriers of sustainable living by meeting our customers wherever they’re at in their low-waste journey. To achieve this we have a three tiered price bracket that widens the range of products that can be incorporated into any economic circumstance. Whether you’re interested in higher end products or have a back to basics vibe - we’ve got you covered. We hope to convey shared values with our customers by offering our own stories, experiences, and understanding of living a more eco-friendly, low-waste, intentional lifestyle. By valuing education, transparency and quality products we’re able to offer a variety of products to a versatile customer base.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about the low-waste movement and sustainability to join our team as a retail salesperson and to help with social media.
- Provide exceptional customer service in person and over phone
- Open and close retail store
- Cash out and reconcile sales at end of shift
- Ongoing product knowledge
- Assist with product photos, short videos, and store photos to post on social media
- Stock shelves and assist with inventory
- Maintain clean, organized, and stocked retail shelves in order to uphold company visual standards
- Maintain a clean and orderly space
- Other duties as assigned
- One year retail/customer service experience
- One year cash handling experience
- One year experience working with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest) for a small business considered an asset
- Passion for low-waste movement and sustainability
- Experience working for a low-waste store considered an asset
- Experience working with Canva, Shopify, and considered an asset
- Available to work weekends
Start date: As soon as possible
Send us an email with your cover letter, resume and your favourite low-waste item in your home!